- Electric motors and generators are in countless devices, appliances, and vehicles we use every day and are an essential technology in our modern world
- Conduct experiments to learn how an electric motor converts electricity into motion, and how an electric generator does just the opposite, converting motion into electricity
- The electric motor is made of transparent plastic to show how the inside components work
- Set up the motor to run on battery power and learn how a motor works and then reconfigure the device to work in reverse as a hand-crank electric generator
- Experiment with magnets to learn about the force of magnetism, and how magnetic fields relate to electric current
- Build simple circuits consisting of the motor or generator, wires, and a light bulb to learn about the flow of electricity
- Learn about gears and drive-trains and how they work to effectively convert kinetic energy into electrical energy and back again
- Manual guides and teaches you through experiments with easy-to-follow diagrams
- All Thames & Kosmos sets are safety tested and approved, offer thorough saftey precautions, and come with full-color experiment manuals
- Correlates to Next Generation Science Standards
- Kit contains: 25 Experiments, 12 pieces, and 48 page color experiment manual
- Requires: 2 AA batteries (sold separately)
- Ages: 8-Up
Safety Precautions: WARNINGS: Choking hazard - small parts. Not for children under 3 Years. Contains functional sharp points or edges that pose a risk of injury. Not suitable for children under 8 years. Keep the experimental set out of the reach of children under 8 years old. Keep packaging and instructions as they may contain important information. Not to be used by children except under adult supervision.
NGSS Correlations: K-2-ETS1-1 K-2 Engineering Design, K-2-ETS1-2 K-2 Engineering Design, 3-PS2-3 Forces and Interactions, 3-PS2-4 Forces and Interactions, 4-PS3-2 Energy, 4-PS3-4 Energy, MS-PS2-3 Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions, MS-PS2-5 Motion and Stability: Forces and Interactions
System Operating Requirements: None
Power Requirements: 2 AA batteries (sold separately)
Recommended Ages: 8-Up
Kit Quantity: 25 Experiments, 1 Manual, 12 pieces/Kit
Safety Precautions: WARNINGS: Choking hazard - small parts. Not for children under 3 Years. Not suitable for children under 8 years. Contains small magnets. Swallowed magnets can stick together across intestines causing serious injuries. Keep the experimental set out of the reach of children under 8 years old. Keep packaging and instructions as they may contain important information.
WARNING: This set contains chemicals and parts that may be harmful if misused. Read cautions on individual containers and in manual carefully. Not to be used by children except under adult supervision.
To calculate shipping costs, please view your shopping cart.